Convert your viewers into subscribers with YouTube Shorts! Now it’s easy to create great content with just a smart phone & not fancy equipment! Content sharing is easier now with YouTube Shorts!
Here’s an overview on YouTube shorts by Cedar Software Technologies, premier Web Development Company in Kochi.
What are YouTube Shorts?
YouTube Shorts are bite-sized video clips that anyone can create if they own a YouTube account. An initiative by the YouTube platform rolled out in 2021 as an answer to TikTok and Instagram Reels, it allows users to create, share, and watch short videos using their smartphones. It makes creating short-form videos easier with its timer countdown that allows for hands-free recording, speed controls, multi-segment camera features & a growing catalogue of songs.
The content on YouTube Shorts runs for a maximum of 60 seconds & can be edited in-app. The videos are endlessly scrollable, and often come with licensed, readily available music in the background. Viewers can comment, like, dislike, share, and subscribe to your channel. The content also stays online permanently, like a regular YouTube video.
How to use YouTube Shorts
Viewers can use YouTube shorts the same way as TikTok scrolling through the Shorts Shelf feed or searching for hashtags in the main search bar.
If you want to be a YouTube Shorts creator, it’s very easy!
First decide whether you want your Shorts channel to be independent, or part of your overall channel. It is highly recommended to add Shorts as an ‘extra’ to your current YouTube channel, as it provides diverse things to long-form content.
Steps to make YouTube Shorts
- On the YouTube app, click the plus (+) icon at the bottom
- Then, click ‘Create a Short.’
- You can add music to your YouTube Short video by tapping the ‘Add Music’ icon at the top of the screen before you film. You can scroll through tracks & select, or search for something specific. Even after filming, you can add the music.
- Start filming your YouTube Short video once you allow access to your camera and microphone.
- If you want to make a video under 15 seconds, just hold the big red button and start recording. If the content is longer than 15 seconds but under a minute, just tap the ‘15’ icon above the ‘Record’ button.
- By holding and releasing ‘Record’ you can stuff multiple clips into one YouTube Short video
Your YouTube short can be packed with as many effects as you like! You can record at different speeds, play with various filters, adjust your transitions, add text, retouch your video, and more. After filming your YouTube Short video, you can scroll through its timeline, frame-by-frame and edit it. You can also upload any ready-made footage to your YouTube Shorts video.
YouTube Shorts can act as an advert for your main channel & ramp up its engagement. Being the best Web Design Company in Kochi, Cedar is with you in everything from web design to development and SEO. Contact us to know more.